Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tucker and Dale vs Evil


When I started this movie, I was under the impression that it was going to be a generic slasher movie. I was wrong. What I ended up watching was a comedic homage to the slasher genre much the same way Shaun of the Dead was to the zombie genre.

The movie stars Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Suburgatory) and Tyler Labine (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Sons of Tucson) as two hillbilly friends who buy a dilapidated "vacation" home in the middle of a forest. Mean while, a group of college students are camping nearby. Eventually, the college students mistake Tucker and Dale for murderers and all hell breaks loose.

As I said before, I did not expect this to be a funny movie. Luckily, I am a fan of comedy movies so I wasn't disappointed. There were laughs throughout the whole movie, without being too slap-sticky in its delivery. I grew attached to the characters, and got sad at the bad things that happened to them. As well as being well written and acted, it is also gratuitously gory, and very violent.

Overall I would highly suggest this movie to everyone, unless you are not a fan of gore. It is charming, funny, and above all very entertaining. As of writing this (1/5/12) it is available to watch on Netflix Instant Watch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment